There has been a shift in the paradigm guiding mental health and rehabilitation services for persons with (Mental) psychiatric illness.
A RECOVERY model has been agreed and accepted world over and is followed at Mind Zone.
Mind Zone Recovery Model
- Clinical Recovery: Defined by reduction/cessation of symptoms and restoring social functioning.
- Personal Recovery: Refers to an ongoing holistic process of personal growth, healing and self determination.
At Mind Zone, RECOVERY MODEL of mental health rehabilitation encompasses clinical & personal recovery and it embraces and mandates Hope, Wellness and Empowerment.
Recovery oriented mental health rehabilitation services are:
⦁ De-Emphasising on diagnosis and pathology
⦁ Re-emphasising on the strengths and personal growth
We at MIND ZONE follow Recovery model which includes understanding, accepting or overcoming:
- The effects of mental illness
- The trauma associated with relapse of symptoms
- Negative attitude from family , friends, professionals and towards one self
- Loss of role and positive identity in society
- Stigma and discrimination.
Phases of Recovery
- Overwhelmed by disability and how the persons is treated
- Struggling with the disability and rebuilding connection to the self, others, the environment and meaning and purpose
- Living with disability and new connections to the self others the environment and meaning and purpose.
- Living beyond disability: authenticity, connectedness and contribution.
MIND ZONE psycho social rehabilitation centre has the distinction of being able to cater to and fulfill the needs of the person with mental illness and the related family. The programs and evolution of the programs are an example of the response of Mind Zone as a professional body to the changing and evolving psycho social field.
PSYCHO PHARMACALOGICAL MANAGEMENT
The first and one of the main stray of treatment at Mind Zone for short and long term rehabilitation and care is apt and right medication prescribed by the most experienced and well versed psychiatrists who have adept skill to do it the best. Mind Zone being a residential centre with controlled environment and round the clock supervision right medication and minimum necessary dosage is titrated and put on. With right medication at the right dosage the resident is able to be symptom free and involve and respond appropriately to recovery oriented programs.
Mind Zone has team of counselors who are all post graduates in psychology and special interest and training in abnormal psychology to counsel the residents. The counseling sessions happen at regular intervals while the counselor meets the residents on a daily basis. Counselor is the one point person who co-ordinates with the whole team and is the main contact person for the family visits and updates.
FAMILY INTERVENTIONS & THERAPY
Mind Zone believes and considers family interventions and involvement at regular intervals are very important part of psycho social rehabilitation. Family having the primary care takers as part of rehabilitation program are helped to develop skills to manage the person with mental health problems and be aware of the condition and medications. At Mind Zone family sessions are aimed at
- Resolution or at least understanding the area of conflict between the resident(person with mental illness) and family
- Better understanding of the problem and treatment measures and its outcomes
- Help and identify area of communication creating conflict or problem and improve communication patterns in the family
- Help enhance problem solving, coping skills and strategies
Psychological therapies at Mind Zone for short and long term rehabilitation and care are
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Supportive therapy
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Drama Therapy
- Art and Music Therapy
- Training in activities of Living skills
- Family Interventions and therapies
- Vocational and occupational rehabilitation